Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday April 17th 2010

Hello Everyone in Reading!

Well today was our first free day in Rouen and the families could talk us anywhere they wanted to. My family took me to Deauville, a city famous for its shop and beaches.



In Deauville we shopped for a while and then walked to the boardwalk, where they have all kinds of hurdle-shaped wood planks with actors names written on them. I recognized Tobey MacGuire, Steve Martin, Farrah Fawcett, and Morgan Free
man.



On the beach I saw typical American things like stores selling beach toys and stuff but I also saw a French custom very particular to Deauville. Here, you can rent these tens and umbrellas that are vibrant reds and blues for like 20 euros to have for the day, and they have been come to be known as Deauvilles signature.



After leaving the beach, we had lunch at a restaurant and walked around some more. I saw a French library, la bibliothèque!
That was it for me, but Caroline ONeil went to a mall and saw a fashion show on the escalator! It was awesome! She also wants to give a shout-out to Mrs. Mahoneys Block F Geometry Class!


I know we all miss Reading, but I hope this gives everyone an idea of whats going on over here, en France! Au Revoir!


-Julia Paradis, Caroline ONeil, (Erin Zager will post later)

No comments:

Post a Comment